During the last two years, we have seen communications professionals deliver results under intense pressure showing great resilience and growth. LGcomms exists to champion its members, raise the standard of communications within local government and its public services partners, and provide learning and networking opportunities for the sector.
The LGcomms Executive Committee is crucial in allowing us to deliver all aspects of our membership offering. This year we are calling for members to join our committee and not only support us in delivering our extensive package but also to represent your local authority. We are looking for individuals that can bring creative and diverse ideas to the table and are willing to dedicate time to help us support our much-valued members. You do not have to be a senior communications leader to be part of the executive team, we welcome applications from a wide range of professional backgrounds.
Committee members are required to contribute to the running of LGcomms and raising the standards of public sector communications by:
- Attending at least three Executive Committee meetings a year (this will be a mix of in person, hybrid and virtual meetings)
- Produce at least one blog annually for publication on LGcomms channels
- Help with the delivery of our flagship event: the annual Public Service Communications Academy
- Actively engage with and support at least one of the main LGcomms programmes:
- Increasing the diversity and equality of the organisation and our industry
- Organising seminars and events run throughout the year
- Taking part in the Future Leaders programme elements
- Be part of the positive relationships with business partners
- Take part in activities arising from discussion at Executive Committee meetings
If you would like to find out more about what is involved, please email Alix Macfarlane, LGcomms chair, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions or to arrange an informal chat.
Please submit the form below by 19 April 2022.