Could you stand up for your profession?
LGcomms is the voice for public sector communicators, championing your profession, raising standards and offering learning and networking opportunities for our members and our sector.
Now is your chance to join the team who make everything happen for LGcomms members.
The LGcomms Executive Committee is at the centre of how we design and deliver our exciting annual programme.
Every year we invite new members to join the Executive Committee and get involved. You will also there to represent your authority or organisation and ensure your voice and opinions are heard.
We are looking for people who can bring different and diverse ideas to the table and are willing to dedicate time and energy to our programme.
You do not have to be a senior communications leader to be part of the executive team, we welcome applications from all professional backgrounds.
Our asks of you
Committee members sign up to contribute to the running of LGcomms and our mission by:
- attending at least three Executive Committee meetings a year (including the AGM which is an in-person meeting)
- playing an active role in the delivery of the LGcomms programme – including:
- increasing the diversity and equality of our profession, organising and contributing to webinars and seminars, and taking part in the Future Leaders programme
- assisting with the delivery of our flagship event, the annual Public Service Communications Academy
- producing or contributing to at least one blog annually for publication on LGcomms channels
- helping maintain positive relationships with LGcomms commercial partners
- supporting initiative arising from discussion at Executive Committee meetings.
We will match you to different responsibilities after you are elected to the committee, and offer support through a buddy system so we can support you to deliver activities.
If you would like to find out more about what is involved, please email Alix Macfarlane or Andy Allsopp, LGcomms Joint Chairs, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions or to arrange an informal chat.
To apply, please submit the form below by Tuesday 11 April 2023.