We are approaching the end of the membership year, and as the Chair of LGcomms, I would like to thank you for your support over the past 12 months – we have seen communications professionals deliver results under extraordinary circumstances.
During the pandemic, LGcomms has supported our members by:
- Providing a comprehensive programme of virtual learning opportunities, including webinars on topical issues such as vaccine communications
- Hosting our biggest, and first ever virtual, Public Service Communications Academy alongside GCS in November 2020
- Offering free access to PRCA Group events
- Delivering our annual Future Leaders programme for potential heads of communications
- Introducing a mentoring programme, as part of Future Leaders recruitment, giving an additional training and development opportunity for strong applicants who were not selected for the next cohort
Looking to 2021, we will continue to build on the lessons learned in 2020, and work closely with our professional partners the LGA and PRCA to deliver high quality events and activities for all LGcomms members.
If your organisation has yet to renew its membership please consider how, in terms of training alone, the annual fee of £250 for your entire team is well worth the investment! You will have recently received your renewal information and this is just a gentle reminder for those who have not yet paid that the fees are now due. As you know, all membership fees go towards the running of LGcomms and delivering activities and support for members.
If you have any membership questions, please get in touch with Vin Kaur who will be able to answer any queries.
We look forward to welcoming you for another year with LGcomms.